We are looking for an experienced data scientist who is passionate about all things data and machine learning to help us on our mission to make life better for people at work.
To be considered for this role you must be an expert in natural language processing, semantic analysis, and be experienced in both the science and ML engineering aspects of delivering insights through data.
We are building our data science function from the ground up, and are ready to transition from using other people’s models to building our own. Your knowledge and experience will be suited to helping us make key decisions on how to make this transition and then follow through.
Alongside this, we will conduct a steady stream of experiments. Leveraging data science across the board to find innovative ways to uplift employee feedback and enable authentic conversations in large organisations at scale.
From theme analysis; to measuring change, empathy and trust; to suggesting real time advice to employees as conversations are happening between leaders and their team members; and heaps more!
You will also act as a data evangelist and share your knowledge and experience with the rest of the team.
In this role you will:
- Design, develop and implement machine learning models to analyse large amounts of unstructured textual data
- Use programming languages such as Python or Java to analyse data
- Use mathematics, statistics, and machine learning techniques to develop algorithms to extract information from textual data
- Test and enhance models for accuracy
- Support integration of the solutions into the product
- Work closely with and incorporate feedback from product managers, engineers, and subject matter experts
- Remain up to date in the rapidly changing field of machine learning
- Possess a deep understanding of NLP and text classification techniques
- Experience analysing large complex unstructured data and applying semantics
- Experience building and training NLP models
- Experience in any one of the following programming languages: Python/Java/R
- Experience with ML frameworks like Tensor Flow/PyTorch
- An analytical mind with problem solving abilities
- Thrive in a collaborative team with excellent communication skills
- Comfortable in a changing environment
Preferred but not necessary:
- Familiar with data frameworks, e.g. Hadoop/Spark
- Experience in data driven quantitative/qualitative research environment
- Skilled in linguistics
- Strong background in statistics
- Knowledge of data visualisation tools like Power BI/Tableau
- A rare opportunity to join a venture funded, hyper growth company.
- Be part of the solution. Work on a product that improves the lives of thousands of people on a regular basis. Our mission is to make people’s lives better at work.
- Advance your skills. Be surrounded by talented people focussed on learning and personal growth.
- Flourish. Help to drive the direction and implementation of data science. Room to progress your career as our company evolves.
- No burn out. Flexible. Non-corporate. Supportive culture.
Send your resume and a brief explanation of why you'd love this role to email@example.com