We're looking for a Software Engineer to join our collaborative, cross-functional engineering team.
In this role you will:
- Be involved across the entire software engineering cycle, including technical design, development, testing, deployment and supporting the production system
- Collaborate within Engineering and Product to ensure high quality solutions
Our software helps people start conversations that drive change at work. Joyous sends regular conversation starters via SMS and email - questions or statements that get people talking about work-related topics. Leaders can get involved in these conversations, to ask questions, suggest solutions or say "hey, good job!". All of this happens in Joyous's conversational web app. It's like using a chat-style interface with the added benefit of generating really useful insights for the organisation.
This role is an opportunity to make a difference. We are on a mission to make life better for people at work, with ambitious goals and an exciting journey ahead. Provide your ideas and effort into a world class enterprise product. Share your expertise with the team and our customers.
Challenge yourself in our tight-knit cross-functional environment. Be involved in the entire development cycle. Develop forward thinking, learn at pace, and give new things a go.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Motivated to learn and mentor others
- Produce high quality, maintainable, scalable code
- Thrive in a collaborative team with excellent communication skills
- Have a get-stuff-done attitude
- Willing to be cross functional and full stack
- Test focused
- Comfortable in a changing environment
Joyous is a great place to work! We provide a product that improves the lives of thousands of workers, and we focus with as much enthusiasm on improving the lives of Joyous people too.
We've found that people grow faster at Joyous than they would elsewhere. We've created a safe place for everyone to experiment, share knowledge, and collaborate in an equal opportunity environment. You can help to drive the direction of Joyous and progress your career as our company evolves.
We take our jobs seriously, not ourselves. We make Joyous a happy, fun, and positive place to work.
We also have the following benefits available to all employees:
- JoyStock – Stock options give you the ability to participate in the success of Joyous
- Joyous Home Office – Joyous will cover the cost of a comfortable home office
- Health insurance – Personal health insurance paid by Joyous to help you stay happy and healthy
- Counselling Services – Access to free, confidential counselling
- Joy Days and Joy Trips – Six more long weekends during the year! Road trips with the team!
- The Joyous Parental Journey – Additional support and flexibility for people with children
- Merch! – Free and discounted merch from the Joyous merch store